Journalism 133: Prof. Craig: Active Voice Exercise
Active Voice Exercise
Rewrite each of the following sentences to make them tighter and more effective using the active voice.
- At this point in time no one can ascertain the reason as to why the screen door was left open.
- My sister, who is employed as a nutritionist at the University of Michigan, recommends the daily intake of megadoses of Vitamin C.
- Basically, in light of the fact that Congressman Honda was totally exhausted by his last campaign, there was an expectation on the part of the voters that he would not reduplicate his effort to achieve office in government again.
- It is to be hoped that we discover a means to create an absolutely proper and fitting tribute to Professor Espinoza.
- There is a desire on the part of many of us to maintain a spring recess for the purpose of getting away from the demands of our studies.
- At what point in time will a downturn in the stock market have a really serious effect on the social life of people as a whole?
- I would call your attention to the fact that our governor, who was formerly the mayor of Oakland, was at a previous time also governor.
- There are millions of fans who desperately want the Philadelphia Eagles to beat the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.
- Bothered by allergies, a condition that made them sneeze, some of the preschool children had sinus troubles that caused them to miss several days in nursery school this spring.
- The nursery school teacher education training sessions involve active interfacing with preschool children of the appropriate age as well as intensive peer interaction in the form of role playing.