Mass Comm 290: Political Communication Links
POLITICAL COMMUNICATION LINKS
Negative Campaigning :
- Get ready for the most negative presidential campaign ever (SF Gate)
- Trump and Clinton Negative Ads
- Why This Election Feels Never-Ending (NY Times)
- Dirty campaigning? He perfected it. (CNN)
- Andrew Jackson "Coffin Broadside"
- Anti-Whig "Available Candidate"
- Lincoln "Heir to the Throne"
- "The Lincoln Catechism"
- James Blaine "Continental Liar"
- Grover Cleveland "Where's My Pa?"
- Spiro Agnew’s ghost lives on in the 2016 campaign (Washington Post)
- How does a straw poll differ from a scientific poll? (Reference.com)
- Probability Sampling (Pew Research Center)
- Fiasco in 1936 Survey Brought 'Science' To Election Polling (Wall Street Journal)
- The Truman-Dewey Election (History)
- How exit polls work, explained (Washington Post)
- 1968: Polls swaying delegates
- 1968: Contradictory poll numbers
- 1968: Sevareid commentary about polls
- Expectations: 1988 Example
- Expectations: 1988 Debates Example
- Expectations: 2008 Debates Example
- CNN/ORC poll: High expectations for Clinton ahead of first debate (CNN)
- Before debates, Clinton aims to keep Trump expectations high (AP)
- With debates looming, progressives fret about lowered expectations for Trump (Washington Post)
- Colbert sets expectations for presidential debate (Salon)
- Why the debate expectations game is a farce (CNN)
- 1972: First real example of expectation setting
- The Living Room Candidate: Presidential Campaign Commercials 1952-2016 (Museum of Moving Image)
- Political Ad Assessment Rubric (Museum of the Moving Image)
- Presidential Campaign Ads
- Campaign Ads Attacking VP Choices
- Clinton "Daisy Girl" Ad
- Campaign Ads Using Children
- Ads That Use Candidates’ Own Words, to Powerful Effect (NY Times)
- The Best Political Ads of the 2016 Campaign (LA Times)
- The Art and Science of Negative Campaign Ads (Campaign US)
- Do Campaign Ads Matter? Donald Trump Offers a Rare Chance to Find Out (NY Times)
- Texas County Commissioner Ad 2016